The supermassive black hole at the centre of our Milky Way galaxy is marked by an immense spinning vortex of heated plasma that emits infrared radiation. Near-infrared light acquired by NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope is included in this multiwavelength composite picture, which was the finest infrared image of the galactic centre ever produced when it was published in 2009. The Event Horizon Telescope (EHT) collaboration’s attempts to construct a closer, more detailed picture have been hindered by dynamic flashing flares in the area immediately around the black hole, called Sagittarius A*. While a telescope cannot see the black hole itself since it doesn’t produce light, the EHT team is aiming to gain a good photograph of the hot blazing gas and dust immediately around it in order to capture it.
#jameswebbtelescope #jwst #jameswebb
📺 Watch the entire video for more information!
About Space Lab
🎥 Videos about interesting and mysterious facts about space, science and technology
🎨 Written, voiced and produced by Space Lab
🔔 Subscribe now with all notifications on for more interesting and mysterious facts about space, science and technology
Watch more from Space Lab
🔴 NASA’s discoveries:
🔴 James Webb Telescope:
💼 Business Inquiries and Contact
• For business inquiries, copyright matters or other inquiries please contact us at: email@example.com.
❓ Copyright Questions
• If you have any copyright questions or issues you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
⚠️ Copyright Disclaimers
• We use images and content in accordance with the YouTube Fair Use copyright guidelines
• Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act states: “Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.”
• This video could contain certain copyrighted video clips, pictures, or photographs that were not specifically authorized to be used by the copyright holder(s), but which we believe in good faith are protected by federal law and the fair use doctrine for one or more of the reasons noted above.