James Webb Space Telescope, JWST, Supermassive Black Holes
🔔 Subscribe now with all notifications on for more Space News, James Webb Space Telescope Updates, NASA & ESA News and many more.
In 2019, something strange happened, #NASA picked up a gravitational wave signal from a black hole merger, that proved to be one for the record books. It was the most massive, and most distant yet detected, and it produced the most energetic signal detected thus far, showing up in the data, as more of a “bang” than the usual “chirp.”
Furthermore, the new #BlackHole resulting from the merger, was about 150 times as heavy as our Sun, making it the first direct observation of an intermediate-mass black hole. Even weirder, the two black holes that merged, were locked in an elliptical (rather than circular) orbit, and their axes of spin were tipped far more than usual compared to those orbits.
Physicists love nothing more than to be presented with an intriguing puzzle that doesn’t immediately seem to fit an established theory, and this strange black hole gave them just that.
📺 Watch the entire video for more information!
About Space News Unfold
🎥 Videos about James Webb Space Telescope, NASA News, Hubble Space Telescope, Space News and more
🎨 Written, voiced and produced by Space News Unfold
🔔 Subscribe now for more Space News, James Webb Space Telescope Updates and NASA News videos
Watch More from Space News Unfold
🟢 James Webb Space Telescope News –
🔴 Russia-Ukraine Space Conflict News –
🟠 Black Holes In Space –
💼 Business Inquiries and Contact
• For business inquiries, copyright matters or other inquiries please contact us at: email@example.com
❓ Copyright Questions
• If you have any copyright questions or issues you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
⚠️ Copyright Disclaimers
• We use images and content in accordance with the YouTube Fair Use copyright guidelines
• Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act states: “Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.”
• This video could contain certain copyrighted video clips, pictures, or photographs that were not specifically authorized to be used by the copyright holder(s), but which we believe in good faith are protected by federal law and the fair use doctrine for one or more of the reasons noted above.