Could A Black Hole Mega Burp Wipe Out Life On Our Planet?
The gravitational attraction of a black hole is so strong that not even light can escape it. As a result, black holes are one-way doors in the Universe. No-one knows what goes on inside, except that matter is compressed to an incredibly high density. Because no light can get out, people can’t see black holes. They are invisible. Space telescopes with special tools can help find black holes. The special tools can see how stars that are very close to black holes act differently than other stars. Black holes can be big or small. Scientists think the smallest black holes are as small as just one atom. These black holes are very tiny but have the mass of a large mountain. Mass is the amount of matter, or “stuff,” in an object. Another kind of black hole is called “stellar.” Its mass can be up to 20 times more than the mass of the sun. There may be many, many stellar mass black holes in Earth’s galaxy. Earth’s galaxy is called the Milky Way. The largest black holes are called “supermassive.” These black holes have masses that are more than 1 million suns together. “The supermassive ones”…yes, these are the ones we are going to talk about today!
#blackholes #blackhole #universe
📺 Watch the entire video for more information!
About Space Lab
🎥 Videos about interesting and mysterious facts about space, science and technology
🎨 Written, voiced and produced by Space Lab
🔔 Subscribe now with all notifications on for more interesting and mysterious facts about space, science and technology
Watch more from Space Lab
🔴 NASA’s discoveries:
🔴 James Webb Telescope:
💼 Business Inquiries and Contact
• For business inquiries, copyright matters or other inquiries please contact us at: email@example.com.
❓ Copyright Questions
• If you have any copyright questions or issues you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
⚠️ Copyright Disclaimers
• We use images and content in accordance with the YouTube Fair Use copyright guidelines
• Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act states: “Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.”
• This video could contain certain copyrighted video clips, pictures, or photographs that were not specifically authorized to be used by the copyright holder(s), but which we believe in good faith are protected by federal law and the fair use doctrine for one or more of the reasons noted above.